DoubleClick Search with Google
The power of platform for the next step in search marketing management
DoubleClick was created by Google because of the need of efficiency in search marketing. There are tens of millions of keyword combinations on any subject so sophisticated tools are a must!
There are new trends developing in digital marketing including
1. Silos converging – separate channels require managing digital marketing as a portfolio. Social media is accelerating these trends.
2. Performance advertising; in house systems are getting more costly, keeping up with them is even costlier.
3. Need to differentiate remains: Data analysis and insights are needed in modern digital and search marketing. By customizing work flows you can increase the efficiency of your marketing campaigns within your business.
DoubleClick has recently been rebuilt by Google for faster, smarter, better search. Your entire search is in one place, integrated by Google into DoubleClick.
In 2011 DoubleClick was rebuilt from the ground up to make it an even better search engine marketing and management tool to provide you the best in it’s class.
1. Efficient easy workflows giving you more time to concentrate on your strategy and optimization. DoubleClick allows bulk actions such as scheduled uploads, edits, inventory feed integration, budget-pacing reports and streamlined reporting. You can download reports and spreadsheets in Excel format for offline editing and then re-upload directly into your DoubleClick dashboard.
2. High impact – DoubleClick has smart systems that help drive your performance. You will spend less time managing ads and more time improving campaign performance.
3. Unified – Seamless part of cross-channel on Google technology. With robust tools DoubleClick allows you to streamline your marketing efforts on a large scale impacting your campaign changes. You can upload a single sheet across engine or advertiser account, edit in bulk directly into the interface and a bi-directional sync pushes and pulls changes from the engines.
DoubleClick enables you to manage campaigns around the clock by scheduling uploads and user interface edits.
Google recently launched the feature in DoubleClick to schedule bulk uploads sheets for one time bulk upload. For example, upload at 11:59 Dec 26 2012. The schedule interface edits for repeated actions for example lowering bids by x% Friday to Sunday or at times where competition may be lower.
DoubleClick provides search that’s more connected to your business with inventory feeds. Inventory feeds and adds connect to DoubleClick search via the merchant center. Rules can be assigned to pause/resume ads, template ads and landing page URL’s.
You can optimize campaign budget and goals using the budget pacing report. This gives you insights not just data by telling you why the budget has increased or decreased, is the average bid higher or lower, if lower raise bid, if higher raise bid (within set limits).
Raw data is good but insight is better, DoubleClick reporting tells you why changes have been made rather than just automating the changes. DoubleClick also provides flexible day changes so you can view today’s budget over yesterday’s budget and set limits. This gives you further insight into spending and which campaigns need budget reviews. The less time you spend managing your ads the more time you can spend actually improving campaign performance.
Search Marketing Tools
DoubleClick provides robust tools to streamline large scale campaign changes for example for campaigns that are seasonal or site wide sales. DoubleClick provides smart bid optimization systems that understand your business for best results.
- Flexible goal assignments
- Smarter keyword management
- Faster execution of results
Once you have customized your dashboard and reports you can save them allowing you to spend less time going through data that may not be in your interests. You can capture the data that is relevant to your campaigns allowing you to capture more opportunities for better performance.
Just launched is DoubleClick’s bid strategy to aid you in meeting your business objectives. Set your goals/targets for the key performance indicators you care about. You can maximize for clicks or revenue or set your budget constraints monthly/yearly.
Weighted conversions allow you to target multiple CPA or CRS goals over customizable sets of floodlight activities. Easy business data integrations inform search campaign optimization. By collecting correct silo data sources together you can make better informed decisions for your search marketing strategy. For example call tracking conversions.
Capture every opportunity.
- Trend detection – detects market trends activities option by anticipating jumps in traffic for external events.
- Portfolio bidding – shifts spend from low to high performing keywords.
- Weighted data analysis
- Speed and data freshness
Bid optimization can make or break your ROI. With DoubleClick 88% of users saw improved performance of their bid strategies, 50% doubled conversions at half the CPA.
Sophisticated technology doesn’t mean ‘black box’, DoubleClick’s intuitive interface gives you more transparency. Why is the system making changes? Why did a bid change?
Just launched by Google DoubleClick the bid charts give bid rationale for full transparency to inform you why changes were made to you bid for example if a bid is limited by maximum bid per click, the system will inform you of the limits.
Also just launched is an experimental framework so you can preview bids to better understand bid engine decisions.
DoubleClick’s unified advertising platform allows you to expand opportunity across search engine channels including Google, and Bing/Yahoo. Using one platform you can buy, measure and optimize all your digital media. The unified user interface and native integration (if already using Google analytics and search) makes it easier for you to manage your campaigns providing a frictionless, cross channel experience.
DoubleClick also reacts to emerging channels including video, mobile, social, email, display and organic search allowing conversion tracking with floodlight. By understanding the value of keywords across the search funnel and expose keywords you may have missed through other methods. As keyword strategy becomes increasingly competitive even for long tail keywords an enterprise solution such as DoubleClick will help your business stay up to date with digital marketing strategy trends and provide the solutions to monitor and manage your campaigns to keep them at their most effective.
By exposing keywords to see where they appear in the search funnel DoubleClick assists you by providing conversion ratios help. You can add labels to keywords for future reporting. Search attribution allows you to add your own date into built in attribution models.
The right Search Engine Marketing and management will help you do more in less time with maximum results. It will boost campaign performance to the highest level possible and allow you to understand search better using insights to influence overall strategy for your business.
DoubleClick provides faster workflow, efficient reporting and effective optimization. As a platform it’s unified de-duplicated multi-channel analysis with support to ensure the maximum profitability of search campaigns. With Google’s technology, long-term commitment and focus to providing scale resources with a global footprint, DoubleClick is the ultimate enterprise solution.
To be continued… DoubleClick is working on adding support for other search engines as it does not currently support Baido.
View or Download as PDF DoubleClick Search with Google
Search Engine Marketing, Inc.: Driving Search Traffic to Your Company's Web Site (2nd Edition)